We all know what koftas are and how it tastes like. We have all heard of non-veg koftas generally made up of Chicken or Red Meat. Then, it came to my mind, why shouln’t I try to make a purely vegetarian kofta make from bottle gourd (lauki) with simple and easy preparation steps. So let’s come and do it. Ingredients and the steps of preparation of lauki koftas are listed below:
- Bottle Gourd (lauki): 500 gm
- Gram flour (Besan): 3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Cumin powder: 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tbsp
- Meat Masala: 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala: 1 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder: 1/2 tbsp
- Onion Medium Sized: 1 finely chopped
- Green Chilli: 2 finely chopped
Getting it done:
- Finely grade the bottle gourd.
- Take a neat, fine cloth and place the lauki. Squeeze all the water as much as possible. If water retains, you might find problem with the binding of the koftas.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a large plate.
- Make round but a bit flat dumplings of koftas
- Take a frying pan and heat 5 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Add the dumplings one by one. Make sure not to add all the dumplings all at once.
- Heat the koftas in a medium flame.
- When you see a brownish colour developing, turn the koftas and softly flatten it with a spatula.
- To fry the koftas, you will need a minimun of 15 minutes.
- When frying is complete, take out the koftas in a plate.
Your delcious bottle gourd kofta or Lauki Kofta is ready to serve. Hope you will enjoy it.
Comment in the given box and your enjoyment below.